A limited number of scholarships (expense reimbursements) may be available to assist with attendance at ISPE’s 11th ACPE 2018 – Xi’an China. Scholarships may be awarded to contribute towards expenses associated with registration, lodging, and travel to the conference. Applicants are advised that typically the total amount of financial (scholarship) assistance requested to attend ISPE meetings significantly exceeds the amount of funds the Society is able to allocate. Applicants are strongly encouraged to try to simultaneously find additional funding to attend this meeting from other sources.
Researchers from developing countries, those in genuine financial need, and students who otherwise would be unable to attend ISPE’s 11th ACPE are invited to submit an application form.
ISPE’s ACPE International Steering Committee, which administers this Scholarship program, bases its decisions on factors including but not limited to: having an accepted abstract, country of residence, student status, financial situation, stated reasons for wishing to attend meeting, and supporting statements.
ISPE’s 11th ACPE will reimburse recipients in Chinese Renminbi for approved expenses on receipt of appropriate documentation after or during the ISPE 11th ACPE 2018 – Xi’an, China.
The deadline for scholarship application submission is Friday, 15 June 2018.
- *STUDENTS – The Scholarship application must be accompanied by a letter of reference from one of the following: your Dean, Department Chair, Advisor, or Supervisor attesting to your involvement in the field of pharmacoepidemiology and your need for financial support. In this context, the field of pharmacoepidemiology includes pharmacovigilance, drug utilization research, comparative effectiveness research, and therapeutic risk management.Also, students must include documentation of full-time student status (e.g., a clear copy of student ID with a valid date or letter from school or program).
- If you are requesting travel funding, please check with your travel agent or local airline to find the lowest cost to purchase your own ticket. Enter the amount (converted to Chinese Renminbi using current exchange rate).
- If you are requesting funding for accommodation, please enter the cost of accommodation (converted to Chinese Renminbi using current exchange rate).
- The level and nature of awards for scholarships/expense reimbursement will be determined on an individual basis. No payments will be made until the ACPE11 Conference Secretariat receives all expense receipts –DURING the ISPE 11th ACPE 2018 – Xi’an China.
- Scholarships will not cover food, ground transportation, parking, incidentals, etc.
- Cancellation of an awarded scholarship: If you will be unable to attend the conference, please let the ACPE11 Conference Secretariat know as soon as possible by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are offered a scholarship and have not registered to attend the conference by Monday, 24 September 2018, your offer of a scholarship will be automatically withdrawn without further notice.
- You will receive an immediate email acknowledging receipt of your scholarship application. If you do not receive this email (please check your spam folder first), please contact the ACPE11 Conference Secretariat by email: email@example.com.